Drying, granulation and coating - one product bowl for all processes
Pilotlab – Batch sizes ranging from 4 to 50 kg*
The Pilotlab can be used as a small-size production unit or as an intermediate step from laboratory towards production. A reduction insert assures highest flexibility of the Pilotlab, with batch sizes ranging from 4 up to 50 kg.
Another ideal feature is the inline solution including a Pilotmix high-shear mixer/granulator. The unique air distribution plate Diskjet guarantees very efficient mixing and drying due to a high velocity of process air. A special arrangement of bottom spray nozzles guarantees excellent quality of granules and homogenous coating of pellets within significantly reduced process times.
Special designed 3-component nozzles ensure long operation times without interruption, as the tip of each nozzels is protected by Microclimate. The process filter system operates with a sequential blow back providing high yield without interruption of fluidization. Next to textile filters we can also use UltraClean metal filters. Pressure shock resistant design is standard.
Our scale-up software NexStep ensures a successful scale-up. The Pilotlab is designed for customized containment upgrades to handle high potent APIs. PROVICON, our intuitive state of the art control system completes the package.
- homogeneous airflow ensures optimum exchange of substance and energy
- tangential air outlet reduces filter load
- best product mixing results due to controlled and uniform process air distribution
- Significant reduction of process time
- Extremely low spraying losses due to the unique spray nozzle arrangement
- Homogeneous granulates, calibration with a conical mill is no longer necessary
- Excellent coating quality and gentle handling of the product during coating
- High spray rates
- continuous filter cleaning returns particles immediately into the process
- various filter materials can be selected to suit the respective processes
- Software based scale-up